Here is another recipe Katie made for the recent Men’s Snowmobile Retreat and it had rave reviews. Give it a try when you are in need of an appetizer recipe.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Prep Time 25 minutes
12 jalapeno peppers approximately 3-4 inches long
1 8 ounce block cream cheese softened
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
12 slices bacon do not use thick cut
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat it with cooking spray.
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and ribs.
- In a medium bowl mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture.
- Cut the slices of bacon in half crosswise and wrap each pepper half in a slice of bacon, using a toothpick to secure the bacon.
- Arrange the peppers on the baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until bacon is crispy and browned. Serve immediately.