Join us for our new and exciting retreat this winter. Instead of complaining about the cold North Dakota winters, come out and embrace the winter and enjoy the beauty of the Turtle Mountains. At the winter festival, you will have choices on what you would like to do…ice fish, snowmobile, cross-country ski, downhill ski, tube, play board games, put together puzzles, participate in a craft-making project, sit by the fire, take a sauna…the options are endless!
Regardless of what you choose for your activities, it is guaranteed to be a great time. Come by yourself, bring a friend, your family or a group! Everyone is welcome!
Descriptions of the Session Activities:
- Tubing at Bottineau Winter Park: Spend time having the thrill of sledding without the hard work of walking back up the hill. Grab a tube and have a blast tubing down one of the seven tubing lanes at the Bottineau Winter Park. Participants are required to drive themselves to the Winter Park and pay the extra cost to go tubing.
- Two Hours of Tubing
- Single Tube: $20
- Double Tube: $25
- Two Hours of Tubing
- Downhill Skiing or Snowboarding at the Stunning Bottineau Winter Park: Join us on the slopes at the Bottineau Winter Park for some high-adventure downhill skiing or snowboarding. There are slopes for every skill level. Have you always wanted to learn to ski or snowboard but haven’t had the chance? Now is your time, we have awesome ski instructors at the Bottineau Winter Park to help! Bring your own equipment or rent right at the Winterpark. Follow the link to learn more about lift tickets, rentals and hours at https://skibwp.com/
- Cross Country Skiing for All Levels: Join us on the trails of Lake Metigoshe State Park for some scenic cross country skiing. We will have a guide to help you learn the basics or if you love the sport, join other people that are passionate about getting outside for a scenic ski. Dress in layers; you will want to be able to layer up and layer down on the trail. Equipment is provided. Participants that have their own skis are welcome to bring their own or use what camp has to offer.
- Snowshoe Your Way through the Turtle Mountains: Spend time with other outdoor enthusiasts learning about snowshoeing. A guide will teach you the basics of how to find the right equipment and show you around some beautiful trails right at Lake Metigoshe or over at Bottineau Winter Park. Metigoshe Ministries will provide the equipment for you. If you have your own equipment you are more than welcome to bring it.
- Ice Fish with the Locals: Want to learn more about Ice Fishing? Or maybe just want some company while waiting for that perfect fish? Join some locals on an ice fishing trip onto Lake Metigoshe where they will teach some basics of ice fishing, spend some quality time outside on the lake, and hopefully catch a fish or two. Some equipment will be provided, but if you have your own bring it along.
- Snowmobile the Hidden Gem Trails of the Turtle Mountains: Bring your snowmobiles and enjoy time together riding in the Turtle Mountains. Invite your family, your friend group, or anyone who is interested and owns a snowmobile. We will have local guides to show you around the breathtaking trails of the Turtle Mountains. You won’t want to miss this unique experience of touring the trails with guides who have lived here their whole life. They will have legendary stories to tell at every stop of the ride. You will need to provide your own snowmobile to participate in this part of the retreat.